Monday 24 March 2014

Vintage March


Before March blows away I thought I would post some of my favourite pictures from Edith Holdens book  The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady.
                                                                     


I forget about this book for ages, it's always a nice suprise when I find it again.
We had a walk with the dog today and rescued some frog spawn. The water from a small pond had seeped onto the field in the heavy rains, it must have confused the frogs. Frog spawn was in the middle of a path drying out, we put it back in the pond, I almost lost my wellies, we can but try and help the wild life.
I have lots of wild violets growing in my garden, they spread easily and look so lovely everywhere.
All the birds in the garden seem to be getting excited strutting their stuff and showing off.
Hope you enjoyed these pics I will post more for April
Cate x

1 comment:

KC'sCourt! said...

I have that book the pictures are gorgeous aren't they
Julie xxxxxxxx